Outsmart Your Kitchen
QUICK and EASY tips and tricks to help you manage your food and move away from your food managing you!
For many of us excess carbs is something we struggle with, moreover, getting enough vegetable servings every day can seem out of reach. This recent meal hack addresses both of these issues with substituting a vegetable for a pasta in your meal. It is affordable, it is quick, it is easy, and it is delicious!
For todays meal:
1. Pull pre-made thin-frozen spaghetti sauce out of freezer and set on counter or in a warm bowl of water to defrost.
2. Spiralize 1-3 zucchini's depending on how much noodles you want.
3. Microwave or heat your sauce in a pan on low-medium heat
4. Turn a pan onto medium high heat and toss your noodles into the pan with a little bit of olive oil (Optional: Add Garlic). Sauté for 1-2 minutes, just to warm your noodles. You do not want them on the stove any longer than necessary or they will become soggy.
5. (Optional) Place a small handful of washed and dried spinach onto your dinner plate
6. Place your zucchini noodles on top of your spinach and pour the heated spaghetti sauce on top
7. Shred some parmesan cheese on top and enjoy!
Make it fancy: If you happen to have any sautéed onions or peppers, or any fresh herbs (ex. parsley)from your previous weeks meals, add these on top to spice it up!
WANT MORE? Click the blue tag "Helpful Kitchen" at the top of the post, or search the blog for categories you're interested in by scrolling down and view the list of Category Tags on the bottom Right of the page.