1. BEFORE WORK: Put raw beans into a large bowl and cover with water.
2. AFTER WORK: Before eating dinner, drain soaked beans and put into a large pop and add just enough fresh water to cover the beans. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
3. Enjoy your dinner (something else prepared or leftover)..do your laundry..watch a show..clean your dishes...etc.
4. After about 45 minutes of simmering your beans are done! Taste one to see if it is the firmness you desire. Strain any remaining water off. Leave pot on stove overnight or store in fridge (which ever your preference)
5. (Optional) The following day, do the same thing with another type of bean, or perhaps quinoa or brown rice (Brown rice is seen in the above images)
6. Day 3: Store some of each type of grain/bean in individually in some sandwich bags, then mix the 2 and store that into sandwich bags. Label and lay flat in freezer to freeze. Keep a small container in your fridge for the remaining portion of the week (if you desire)
The 3rd picture is an example of a "leftovers meal" that one of the bags of the beans/rice was added to.
FUN FACT: Beans & Rice, together, make a complete protein!